Saturday 11 February 2017

Stealing Parker


Stealing Parker (Hundred Oaks)

Miranda Kenneally

Book Review:

I have a love-hate relationship with this book. At the start, I found it depressing and I wouldn't recommend you start reading it if you feel sad.

I enjoy this read however it took me on a roller coaster of ups and downs. It has heavily based religious themes which I didn't love.

Parker is the model student, daughter and Christian but her mother's actions change everything. She becomes an outcast and adjusts to deal with the cards laid out. Parker dates guys like hot meals and doesn't like them to get too close. She has her best friend Drew for that.

This book is about love, romance and acceptance.

Parker is a loveable character. She was funny, crazy, cool and a hot mess. Parker was also immature, too worried about what God thought and wanted to be accepted. She's a diverse character who I learnt to love.

Stealing Parker is an interesting read that kept me hooked right to the end. I liked the writing style and the main characters. It made me laugh in places. It offers something different, and there is minimal sports talk.

I didn't like the god/sinner theme it became too much. I didn't like the brother's storyline, and in places, it was a little too negative for my liking. The sex scenes also very cringe worthy. My last problem with this is the ending. It just didn't give enough to quench the thirst.

This is the second book in the Hundreds Oak high series but can be read as a standalone.

The books that leave a taste in your mouth sometimes get you thinking for days, and this book does that therefore it gets a solid 4 stars out of 5. Like I said I loved it, but I hated it.

Paperback £3.80 from the Amazon Marketplace or Kindle £1.98, 242 pages
Published October 1st, 2012
 

No comments:

Post a Comment