Friday 2 October 2020

πŸ“šThe Bookworm's Guide to Dating by Emma Hart is coming in 4 dayssss!!πŸ“š


 

πŸ“šThe Bookworm's Guide to Dating by Emma Hart is coming in 4 dayssss!!πŸ“š
We both started to speak at the same time.
Josh grimaced. “Go on.”
“I’m sorry,” I said, wiping my fingers with a napkin and not making eye contact. “I never should have pushed you yesterday morning. I should have respected your feelings and your loyalty to my brother. I just want to clear the air so we’re on the same page and we can move on and put it behind us.”
He nodded slowly, an action I caught out of the corner of my eye. “I appreciate the apology, even though it’s unnecessary.”
“No, it’s not. You made a promise to my brother, and I made you break that. I said some dumb stuff I never should have said, and I just want you to know that I didn’t mean it.” I peered up at him, letting my hair fall down as a sort of curtain over one eye. “I would never tell Colton what happened. Aside from it being between us, I can’t imagine how I’d begin to broach the subject of me practically dry humping you with him.”
His tongue flicked out and wetted his lower lip as he fought back a smile. “Not exactly one for the dinner table, is it?”
I battled my own laugh. “Not really. Just… As long as we both agree it was a stupid mistake and won’t happen again, it’s okay.”
“Is it?”
“What?”
“Is it okay?” He rested his forearms on the bar and leaned forward. The action made his biceps pop, and it was really hard to concentrate knowing he was wearing the equivalent of sexy lingerie back there.
I frowned. “Of course it’s okay. I was wrong to act the way I did, and I respect the pact you made with my brother.”
“So you don’t regret kissing me?”
Oh, boy.
That was a loaded question.
“I regret that my actions led to you doing something that you felt would betray your friendship with my brother.”
“That wasn’t what I asked you, Kinsley.”
I shifted. This wasn’t the way this was supposed to go. He was supposed to agree with me, shake my hand, and let me leave.
Not… this.
“Do you regret kissing me?” 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment