The Empress of Thorns #1
The Ice Beyond
Olivia WildensteinBlurb:HE DEFIED HIS PACK TO LOVE ME.
I had two childhood dreams: to shift into a wolf, and to win Nordin Stormsson’s forbidden heart.
My first dream shattered the day my mother confessed I wasn’t a shifter, but a valkyrie—stranded in a land far from my people. My second was crushed when Nordin rejected me…only to claim another as his mate.
Heartbroken, I crossed beyond the wards in search of my birth clan. My freedom came at a cost. Dragons, vampyrs, and enemy wolves stalked me through the dark. They weren’t the only ones who came after me, though.
Nordin came too. He seized me before they could, stealing my body and then my heart.
For a time, I dared to dream once more, to imagine a future with Nordin in the land of ice and wolves.
Until I uncovered my beloved's most closely guarded secret.
A truth about my past.
One that ruined us all.
The Ice Beyond is the first book in a fiercely romantic, Norse-inspired fantasy filled with forbidden love, warring supernaturals, and a spirited heroine who must decide whether to cling to the life she was given or step into the legacy she never asked for.
REVIEW: 4 *Olivia Wildenstein is my go too for world building fantasy romances. I love her Crow series and she wrote some great shifter romances in the past. When I saw The Ice beyond I knew I had to have it.
The world building is like no other and the main character remained a bit of a mystery to me throughout.
Zas has grown up around wolfs and for a long time thought she was one of them. When she finally thought she was going to shift her whole world came crumbling down. Her adopted mother finally admits the truth. She’s not a wolf shifter… she’s a Valkyrie.
In a world where vampires and dragons exist. Being different proves to be challenging. The wolf she likes rejects her and she no longer understands the rules.
Can Zas be accepted in a wolf world? Will her love interest finally see her? Will being different have its advantages or will it lead to her demise?
The world building took me a minute to settle into. This is a unique story and some of the normal fantasy rules don’t apply. This is a continuous story and there is more to come. The pace really picks up in the end and the story leaves you really for book 2.
I had two childhood dreams: to shift into a wolf, and to win Nordin Stormsson’s forbidden heart.
My first dream shattered the day my mother confessed I wasn’t a shifter, but a valkyrie—stranded in a land far from my people. My second was crushed when Nordin rejected me…only to claim another as his mate.
Heartbroken, I crossed beyond the wards in search of my birth clan. My freedom came at a cost. Dragons, vampyrs, and enemy wolves stalked me through the dark. They weren’t the only ones who came after me, though.
Nordin came too. He seized me before they could, stealing my body and then my heart.
For a time, I dared to dream once more, to imagine a future with Nordin in the land of ice and wolves.
Until I uncovered my beloved's most closely guarded secret.
A truth about my past.
One that ruined us all.
The Ice Beyond is the first book in a fiercely romantic, Norse-inspired fantasy filled with forbidden love, warring supernaturals, and a spirited heroine who must decide whether to cling to the life she was given or step into the legacy she never asked for.
REVIEW: 4 *Olivia Wildenstein is my go too for world building fantasy romances. I love her Crow series and she wrote some great shifter romances in the past. When I saw The Ice beyond I knew I had to have it.
The world building is like no other and the main character remained a bit of a mystery to me throughout.
Zas has grown up around wolfs and for a long time thought she was one of them. When she finally thought she was going to shift her whole world came crumbling down. Her adopted mother finally admits the truth. She’s not a wolf shifter… she’s a Valkyrie.
In a world where vampires and dragons exist. Being different proves to be challenging. The wolf she likes rejects her and she no longer understands the rules.
Can Zas be accepted in a wolf world? Will her love interest finally see her? Will being different have its advantages or will it lead to her demise?
The world building took me a minute to settle into. This is a unique story and some of the normal fantasy rules don’t apply. This is a continuous story and there is more to come. The pace really picks up in the end and the story leaves you really for book 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment