Wednesday 6 September 2017

Game On


Game On (Westland University #2) 

My Review:

Unfortunately, Game On just wasn't for me.

Olivia Dawson has decided to take a night off from brooding over her ex-boyfriend and let her hair down. Before Henry became her ex, Olivia made a mistake. That mistake was Devon. Her night off involved a college party where she ends up playing beer pong with Devon. One too many drinks later she wakes up in his bed. She has already made this mistake once and now wants to escape her new slip up.
Devon and Olivia have always been competitive. They find themselves working together giving them the opportunity for a friendship and more.

I felt the cover and synopsis for this book was misleading. Devon is a baseball player but the story is more focused on an engineering internship. Olivia not wanting to hear what Devon wanting to share was used to give the story suspense, but this quality made me dislike her. There were other factors to her personality I didn't like but I don't want to give too much away. Other books based around the college age group have matured characters and I found this one to be a little more immature. I also felt Devon wasn't the cocky character I was expecting. He always like Olivia she just didn't listen and blamed him for her mistakes.

Sorry :(. 2 stars out of 5. I would recommend reading another review of this book on Goodreads if it is something you are interested in reading.

ARC in exchange for a fair review  

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36054491-game-on

ebook £6.41
Expected publication: September 18th 2017 by Entangled Publishing (Embrace)

No comments:

Post a Comment